Sunday, July 5, 2009

MOVING: Johnny Walker

Well, this is a shame. Johnny Walker is packing up shop and moving elsewhere from its original home in Kilmarnock, where the original John Walker sold whiskey distilled in his store. After 150 years, this distillery will close down. They have 27 distilleries, but want to combine to a single one (or few, it is unclear) to create a more homogenous product and because shipping seems to be so cheap. It is a shame and a copying of the worst beer tacticts, which we've railed against before. Despite our love of liquor, a lot of people choose based on ideology, history or other non-taste issues. It is about time these companies learned that.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Many people share an ideology with certain brands. Whether it is taking pride in supporting one's local brand, or feeling a connection with a particular business practice or style of craftsmanship.

    Sometimes these corporate execs need to step back and ask themselves "why do people likes our product.". I think they'd be surprised to realize it's NOT because their product is better than everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUST READ: HOW I GET CURE OF HERPES WITH HERBAL MEDICINE!
    I was diagnosed of Herpes disease in 2013 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, my life was gradually coming to an end, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from Africa who prepares herbal remedy to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes disease, at first i doubted if it was real but with much pressure i decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared an a herbal remedy and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal remedy, i called him and he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, After i applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly disease within 14days of usage, I am now free from the deadly disease, all thanks to Dr Lucky. email drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com or inbox him on whatapp +2348154637647
    Good luck…

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 WEEKS AGO I ENDED NATURAL HERBAL TREATMENT FROM TRADITIONAL HEALER WHO IS IN AFRICAN, I GOT RID OF HPV VIRUS OUT OF MY BODY WITH HIS HERBAL TREATMENT. It SO AMAZING I'M FREE FROM THIS VIRUS FOREVER. YOU CAN REACH HIM ON; DRONOKUNHERBALCURE@GMAIL.COM  

    ReplyDelete